If you’ve been searching for the best single-serve coffee maker then look no further, we’re sure that this guide will help you find exactly what you’ve been looking for.
For so many coffee lovers, a great-tasting cup of Joe is the foundation of a good breakfast. So, as a result of this, it goes without saying that if you want to have the best of coffee to start your mornings, you have to get a grasp of how to brew it perfectly. It is impossible to achieve this if you don’t have the right coffee maker to work with.
So, without further ado, here are some of the best single-serve coffee makers – let’s figure out which of them is the right one for you.
Editors Choice: Comparison Table of Single Serve Coffee Maker[amazon table=”1497″]
Top Rated Single-Serve Coffee Makers
Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker – Single-Serve With 6 to 12 oz. Brew Size
The Keurig K-Mini is a great single-serve coffee maker that is notable for having amazing features, which are further accentuated by a sleek design that is perfect for any environment. If you have a small kitchen space, you don’t need to worry because the K-Mini can fit on virtually any countertop. The actual coffee brewing process is easy, all you just need to do is add fresh water to the removable water tank, pop it in your pod, and then press the brew button. However, as easy as the brewing process is, you will still be able to enjoy coffee that is full of flavor. The Keurig K-Mini will not compromise the true taste of your coffee beans.
One of the best features of the Keurig K-Mini is its intuitive strength control that gives you direct control over the potency of the coffee that you’re brewing. Furthermore, the Keurig K-Mini is incredibly lightweight, which means that you can carry it from one place to another easily. In addition to this, it can store up to 9 of your favorite K-Cup pods and a dedicated cord storage feature.
- Has cord storage
- Removable drip tray
- Uses single-serve K-Cups
- Easy to clean
- Taste could be bolder
CHULUX Single-Serve Maker – Best Single Serve Maker Under $50
The CHULUX Single-Serve Maker is a well-engineered machine that is notable for having one knob and one power button – which makes operating it extremely simple. The heating system of this coffee maker is fast and it will generally only take a few minutes for your coffee to be ready. For added convenience, it has also been designed with an automatic shut-off function that can give you a sense of safety when you’re not around to manually turn off the coffee maker at the right time.
Overall, the design of the CHULUX Single-Serve Maker can be described as compact and lightweight, which means that it is easy to pack up and travel with it. This also means that it takes up very little counter space and is easy to handle as well. It is also very convenient since it can use both capsules and grounds.
- Simple control panel
- Easy to clean
- Takes minutes to heat and brew
- Compact and can fit on small counters
- Brewing time could be better
BLACK+DECKER CM618 – Budget-Friendly Single-Serve Coffeemaker
The BLACK+DECKER CM618 is an ideal coffee maker for people that need a convenient brewing solution but still want to have the ability to mix things up when they feel like it. If you want to use pre-packaged coffee pods, then all you have to do is interest it into the machine, push a button, and then wait for your coffee to be brewed.
This coffee maker also notably comes with a state-of-the-art thermal mug that can fit a car cup holder and is perfect for your busy morning commute. The BLACK+DECKER CM618 has been designed with a removable water basket with a built-in filter to remove all the impurities from your water so that you can enjoy clean and tasty cups of coffee. Furthermore, the compact design makes it perfect for small kitchens and dorm rooms.
- Has an automatic on and off feature
- Built-in temperature control
- Relatively inexpensive
- Brew time is a bit long and could be improved
Keurig K-Classic Single-Serve Maker – K-Cup Pod Brewer
The Keurig K-Classic maker is one of the best single-serve makers that have pod compatibility. This coffee maker brews coffee that is smooth, rich, and tasty every time and still retains its quality after multiple uses.
It comes with multiple K-cup pod brew sizes which help to make sure that your cup always has the perfect coffee strength that you need. It has different types of strength settings; including strong, mild, flavored, and also decaf so that you can get what you like in your cup.
You can brew multiple K-cup pod sizes, including 6, 8, and 10 ounces, and the 48-ounce water reservoir allows you to brew up to 6 cups before refilling.
- Easy to clean and operate
- Different preset cup sizes
- Automatic shut-off capability
- The water tank could be bigger
Single Serve Maker Brewer for K-Cup Pod & Ground
The Single-Serve Coffee Maker by Sboly has the ability to give you a fresh and also, tasty start to your mornings. Within three minutes, you have a steaming cup of coffee hot in your hand. It has been designed to be small and durable so that it can fit on small countertops and other tight places.
The Single-Serve Coffee Maker by Sboly has two brewing styles that allow you to make coffee the traditional way or using pods. It has an auto-clean button that you can press when you are done brewing and then let the machine clean itself. If you forget to shut off your machine, you don’t need to worry about it since the machine will automatically do so on its own after enough time has passed.
- Good for both grounds and pods
- Easy to use
- The time is good, but it could be better
- Coffee storage is a bit small
Mr. Single Cup Maker – Best Single Serve Coffee Maker
The Mr. Coffee single-serve cup coffee maker has been designed for those that can’t go a day without having a cup of joe. It comes with a built-in system that takes care of your beans to give fantastic freshness at all times. The maker elevates the brewing experience to a new level. You will only need to add your beans to the machine and also grind according to your desired size and consistency.
Mr. Coffee single-serve cup coffee maker comes with adjustable brew sizes that go up to 16 0z; enough for a large cup or even travel mugs.
The basket is easy to clean with a dishwasher but manual cleaning is also fairly simple as well. Also, Mr. Coffee single-serve cup coffee maker comes with a stainless steel BPA-free travel mug that is double-walled for efficient insulation.
- Easy to use and handle
- Comes with a double-walled travel mug
- Easy to clean
- Removable basket
- Has no timer
6 Things To Know Before Buying The Right Single Serve Maker
Brands and Features
There are a lot of different brands out there and they all come with different features that can ultimately make your experience better or worse. Before you start window shopping and comparing different coffee makers, we recommend that you make a shortlist. This list should include the features that you want your ideal single-serve coffee maker to have. This list can then be further divided into features that are absolutely essential (which means that you can’t do without them) and also features that you are willing to compromise on under the right circumstances.
No K-Cup VS K-Cup
Without a doubt, this is going to be one of the most important factors that you will have to consider. Firstly, there is no clear-cut right or wrong choice to make here. You will simply have to take a close look at your needs, coffee drinking habits, and budget, before you decide on if you want to get a single-serve coffee maker that is K-Cup compatible or if you want to forgo this functionality.
A K-Cup is essentially a sealed container of prepackaged coffee grounds that is designed to work with specific coffee makers. Single-serve coffee makers that are compatible with K-Cups are great because they provide a boost in convenience. This is because K-Cups take all of the manual hassles of grinding, measuring, and weighing. It provides you with a hands-off coffee brewing experience. Most people that are shopping for single-serve coffee makers are doing so because they want a convenient way to brew their coffee. This is why K-Cup compatible single-serve coffee makers have become increasingly popular because they are seen as the epitome of convenience in this regard.
The durability of your coffee maker is determined by the materials that are used. Stainless steel coffee makers are generally very durable and relatively affordable as well. So, make sure that you check the materials that are used before you finalize your purchase.
Oftentimes it is important that you consider the weight of the coffee maker before buying it. This is an essential factor if you are likely to be moving from one place to another and like to carry your coffee maker with you. A portable coffee maker needs to be lightweight and also perfect for movement around the office or home. If you don’t plan to have your maker with you always then, by all means, go for a heavy maker that can be placed in a designated area.
Water Reservoir Capacity
Checking the water capacity of the coffee maker is also very important. You should always do so before you take the plunge and finalize your purchase. If you don’t want to keep on refilling the water reservoir every time you need a cup of coffee, then you have to get a coffee maker with a large water capacity. Two factors that you should consider are the number of times that you drink coffee daily and also, how many coffee drinkers you have in your household.
Something being expensive does not mean it is effective or efficient – this is true for a lot of things in life, especially in regards to coffee makers. That does not mean all of the expensive coffee makers are not good but some are simply overpriced and outclassed by cheaper models. If you know where to look, you can potentially get a relatively good coffee maker for as low as $50. However, not all of the coffee makers that are cheap are worth purchasing. Before buying the coffee maker, make sure you check to see if it fits your budget. Also, check if it has all of the features that you need.
FAQ (Frequently Ask Questions)
How do you use a single-serve coffee maker?
- To put it simply, the short answer to this question is that if you already know how to use a regular coffee maker then there is a good chance that you will have no problem operating a single-serve coffee maker. However, that being said, there are some key differences between a regular coffee maker and a single-serve coffee maker that are worth mentioning. First things first, nowadays a lot of the more convenient single-serve coffee makers that are on the market make use of coffee capsules or coffee pods. Be that as it may, there are still a lot of single-serve coffee makers that allow for coffee grounds to be used as well In this case you will always be using a relatively small amount of grounds because you are always going to be making a single serving of coffee. Similarly, single-serve coffee makers will usually have a relatively smaller water tank capacity than a regular coffee maker because they aren’t meant to be used to brew massive amounts of coffee at a time.
Are single-serve coffee makers worth it?
- This question is a bit more difficult to answer because there is no straightforward “right” or “wrong” answer to it. What is meant by this is that the answer to the question, “Are single-serve coffee makers worth it?” will ultimately depend on the preferences and coffee drinking habits of the person that asked the question in the first place. Single-serve coffee makers are ultimately worth your money and time if you are someone that often finds that you need a quick cup of coffee at a moment’s notice. In addition to this, single-serve coffee makers are usually appreciated in households that have only one coffee drinker. Understandably, this is because, in households like this, there isn’t usually any need to have entire pots of coffee being brewed at any given time. Last but not least, coffee aficionados that are passionate about their coffee drinking habits will usually have a convenient single-serve coffee maker alongside their more standard coffee brewing devices.
Which single-serve coffee maker makes the hottest coffee?
- This is a question that is not usually asked by most people who are interested in single-serve coffee makers. But, it is still one that comes up from time to time. The short answer to this question is that there is no clear-cut winner in this regard if you’re specifically talking about single-serve coffee makers. And the more elaborate and involved answer to this question is that no single-serve coffee maker can clearly hold the title of “hottest coffee” because it is not the primary focus of single-serve coffee makers. To sum up, as we have stated before, single-serve coffee makers are primarily focused on convenience above all else. However, that being said, this doesn’t mean that if you use a single-serve coffee maker for your brewing needs you’re going to end up with lukewarm or cold cups of coffee. Nowadays, virtually all modern single-serve coffee makers have the ability to produce cups of coffee at optimal temperature ranges.
The Final Words
The reason why we had to showcase so many different coffee makers in this article is simply that the title of best single-serve coffee maker is ultimately going to vary based on personal preferences. To sum up, only the best of the best on the market today are on our list.
Before you decide to take the plunge and purchase a single-serve coffee maker for your home (or business) you have to make sure that its features are capable of meeting your needs. At the same time, consider factors like the effectiveness and efficiency of the single-serve coffee maker against other contrasting factors like its affordability and aesthetic value.