As a coffee enthusiast, I am always on the lookout for new and exciting coffee beverages to try. Recently, I came across a drink called Breve Coffee and was immediately intrigued. I had heard of lattes and cappuccinos, but had never heard of Breve Coffee. After trying it, I knew I had found my new favorite coffee drink. In this blog post, I will share with you everything I have learned about Breve Coffee, including its origin, how it’s made, different variations, benefits, how to make it at home, and where to find the best one.
What is Breve Coffee?
Breve Coffee, also known as Café Breve, is a creamy and delicious coffee drink made with espresso and Breve Milk. Breve Milk is simply steamed half-and-half, which is a mixture of equal parts whole milk and heavy cream. The result is a rich and velvety texture that blends perfectly with the espresso.
The Origin of Breve Coffee
The origins of Breve Coffee are unclear, but it is believed to have originated in the United States in the early 1980s. It is thought to have been created as a variation on the traditional cappuccino, which is made with espresso, steamed milk, and foam. Breve Coffee quickly became popular in coffee shops across the country and has since gained a loyal following.
What is Breve Milk and How is it Made?
Breve Milk is made by steaming half-and-half, which is a mixture of equal parts whole milk and heavy cream. To make Breve Milk, you will need a steam wand on your espresso machine. Start by pouring the half-and-half into a stainless steel pitcher and placing the steam wand at the bottom of the pitcher. Turn on the steam wand and move it slowly up and down until the milk reaches the desired temperature (around 150°F). The result is a velvety and creamy milk that is perfect for making Breve Coffee.
Different Variations - Breve Latte, Cafe Breve, etc.
Breve Coffee can be enjoyed in many different variations. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Breve Latte: A Breve Latte is made with one shot of espresso, Breve Milk, and a small amount of foam on top. It is similar to a traditional latte, but with the added richness of Breve Milk.
- Cafe Breve: Cafe Breve is made with two shots of espresso and Breve Milk. It is stronger than a Breve Latte and has a bolder flavor.
- Breve Cappuccino: A Breve Cappuccino is made with equal parts espresso, Breve Milk, and foam. It is similar to a traditional cappuccino, but with the added creaminess of Breve Milk.
Benefits of Drinking Breve Coffee
Breve Coffee has many benefits, including:
- Rich and Creamy Flavor: Breve Coffee has a rich and creamy flavor that is perfect for coffee lovers who prefer a sweeter and richer taste.
- Energy Boost: The espresso in Breve Coffee provides a quick energy boost, making it a great pick-me-up.
- Nutritional Value: Breve Milk contains a good amount of healthy fats and vitamins, making Breve Coffee a more nutritious option than other coffee drinks.
How to Make Breve Coffee at Home
Making Breve Coffee at home is easy. Here’s how:
- Brew one shot of espresso.
- Steam half-and-half using a steam wand on your espresso machine until it reaches around 150°F.
- Pour the steamed half-and-half over the espresso.
- Stir gently and enjoy!
Breve Coffee vs Regular Latte - What's the Difference?
The main difference between Breve Coffee and a regular latte is the type of milk used. A latte is made with steamed milk, while Breve Coffee is made with Breve Milk, which is a mixture of whole milk and heavy cream. This gives Breve Coffee a richer and creamier taste than a regular latte.
Where to Find the Best Breve Coffee
Breve Coffee can be found in most coffee shops that serve espresso-based drinks. However, not all Breve Coffees are created equal. Some coffee shops use lower-quality ingredients or don’t steam the milk properly, which can result in a subpar Breve Coffee. To find the best Breve Coffee in your area, ask for recommendations from fellow coffee lovers or check online reviews.
Breve Coffee is a delicious and creamy coffee drink that is perfect for those who love a rich and sweet taste. It is easy to make at home and can be enjoyed in many different variations. Whether you prefer a Breve Latte, Cafe Breve, or Breve Cappuccino, Breve Coffee is sure to become your new favorite coffee drink. So next time you’re in the mood for a delicious and indulgent coffee drink, give Breve Coffee a try!